Call 0403 211 302 Book Online
Mel is an absolute delight! Whenever my upper body feels tense and locked up, Mel is a phone call away. She’s a great listener and gives great advice. Very attentive. Highly recommend!
The patient provides the power to perform the stretch. It is used to prevent abnormal muscle contracture in the treatment of myofascial pain syndromes as part of the maintenance & rehab process.
The therapist provides the power to perform the stretch.
P.N.F muscle stretching & can be used in all phases of Myotherapy treatment programs.
The application of PNF requires solid knowledge of how to perform these stretches safely and a cue/awareness of muscle end feel.
Passive stretching is applied with slow sustained force keeping within the range of the joint movement and is then applied at such a speed that the patient is able to prevent it.
- Reduce abnormal muscle contraction
- Deviation of myofascial trigger points and taut bands Increase muscle and joint range of motion
- Increase metabolism in muscles, joints and connective tissue
- Prevent or reduce muscles adhesions
- Reduce injuries and muscle/tissue/fascia/ligament/tendon tearing
- Re aligns collagen fibres in scar tissue
- Allows the muscle tissue to slide efficiently with fascial connective tissue.
Neural Tissue Stretching:
Neural Tissue Stretching is the direct mobilisation of the nervous system via tension tests on the involved nerves.
Nerve stretching/sliders- is a safe way to stretch the nerve in which is giving pain, discomfort or impacting on another structure.
Why Customers Love Mel & Co.
I have been a client of Mel for over 5 years. She is one of a kind in the world of Myotherapy and I can highly recommend. I’m sure Mel has the ability to perform miracles, as recently I hurt my back two weeks before my Wedding. After 2 visits Mel have me back on my feet and dancing again. Very luck to have been introduced to Mel.